Monday, January 19, 2009

Nice 4 day weekend...

It has been a nice 4 day weekend for us. This is one of my few vacations off w/just my own kids .... so we of course did our Dental cleanings/check-ups, Dr. appts., & packed in a bunch of easy fun all into one weekend!!

Starting off our weekend - I got to go back to the Doc & I don't enjoy it, as I have become a science project again!! What can I say - I am so interesting!! I guess it is my way of keeping myself interested!! :) Oh well, I knew this apt. wouldn't be good as my skin situation had changed pretty dramatically & my pain has become a lot worse. As this is totally fluke - Weird, but fluke!
Anyway what was even worse than this ... was I was so nervous & I knew, just knew he was going to be baffled... that I ended up causing myself to break out in a rash, or there was something in his office that caused me to break out in a rash (as I immediately got better once I left!) Of course this also totally threw the Doc. for a loop & he was quite worried about my new rash that was breaking out on my face & neck.... & was diagramming all my skin problems... I about died when he started drawing my head & neck after my feet & legs!! UGH!

Anyway - I have no diagnosis - cause I can't be diagnosed (by physicians in our area, I am out of their "League")... so off to UT again!! I have some good Docs. that know all about me down there - so I am sure it will only take a few more months to be back into healing shape... but my own unofficial diagnosis...Left foot: something similar to my past N.L.D.... but not, no open wound, just thick, patchy, bruised looking, halo-ed & spreading... (New patch has started on my leg 3" above my ankle.)

(BEWARE NOT PRETTY - but for my own records of how this progresses so I can remember for future science projects I might experience. I don't have pretty feet to start off with... so this makes it that much more worse!)Lovely sight if I must say, (NOT) ...(not much pain ... just when it seems to be spreading)!!

Right foot (no pic as it is more internal): Started out looking like a possible Ganglion cyst that we thought was breaking up & going away... but I got very sick after taking a new Med. he put me on for it... so I had to stop taking it .... So instead of it going away on it's own it has spread across the tendons on the top of my feet, wrapped itself up & around to the back of my heel & is coming back around the front....(I have small little purple like bruises in spots where it is moving, they are more apparent after a long day of walking, or activity & my whole foot is then very swollen & puffy too.) So I am leaning towards possibly an internal allergic reaction gone infection? Hum... sounds weird I know, but some of the meds that clear those 2 things are helping me to be able to just move my toes again & the pain has been so much less so I can sleep!! (I know way traumatic!!! Seriously, it isn't... just something weird my body is doing!! I can still walk & that is what makes me happy!)

Totally strange to me how 2 different feet (Same body) could act up at the same time, with 2 totally different problems!! Oh well - Science project once again!!!

So away from my WOE Story.... & on with the weekend, it is the quarter for the kids at school & I AM SO PROUD of each of them for doing SO good in school!!! TYLER has made the biggest changes of all!!! Who - HOo!! He got the most A+ he has ever got in his career & all the very LOW grades were all clocked in at B- this quarter!!! I am so happy for him!! We are making him be a lot more responsible for his own actions & learning & I think he is starting to show some maturity!! He also started a special Reading program where he stays after school for 45 min. 4 days a week & that has made a huge difference (in several ways - a whole other post) since he started after Christmas Break!! (Little note: we are preparing Ty & Dave for a trip to Philadelphia, PA mid-Feb. for a XYY study... it should be fun... maybe? Anyway, it is back a little closer to Dave's mission stomping grounds, but I don't think he will have any extra time to travel or see anyone he knew back in the days!!) But still a little trip!! I will miss them!!

SO I decided this was OUR weekend!! I usually have to work all the teacher work days & these were my scheduled days off with MY OWN KIDS!! So for fun I talked to each of them about how proud I was with their grades, etc... & told them the plan Thurs. night & how Friday I wanted them each to write down a "fun" activity they'd like to do together & then I would pick one & then we would do it that weekend... as I thought they would be HUGE things & didn't want to over book ourselves or spend all the money, we don't have :) !!! Well their requests were very simple... so after I drew the winner, & had read through all the requests, I announced we would do them all & just scatter them through-out the 4 days!!

So one of the requests was to go to the Church & play basketball!! That worked out great -as I had to decorate a bulletin board anyway - so we took off Friday morning & headed to the church for about an hour & half - the kids played to their heart's content & I got the bulletin board decorated! Then once we were done we ran to RS. for my appt., then after my apt. on Friday we went to the Rock Springs Rec Center Swimming & played in their "Kids" play land. (I was hoping for warmer water than our Rec. Center... it was a bit... but not the kid-dy pool!) The hot tub was nice to have right there by the pool though!!!

Then another request was to rent a video - so we had run to Wal-ly world to get my prescriptions... I picked up "fun" treats we don't often have, picked up some simple groceries for the weekend & stopped at Red Box & let them choose 2 videos they wanted. (Heck for $2... who can beat that!!)

So we grabbed Pizza as we got into town, ate yummy dinner, divided out treats & watched movies!!

Saturday, the boys went to a Fundraiser for their 2010 Jamboree, I did misc. stuff around the house, cleaning, then we needed to get out of the house & I needed to do some more stuff at the Church - so we took the kids to play basket ball again!! Worked out great as Dave had a friend who needed to talk - so they went to his office, I went off to the library for a bit, & then we played ball games in the gym for a while... then we returned home to watch our most favorite Game show, on our 1 channel.... THERE is a GAME SHOW In my head!!! We love it!!!

Sunday Ty woke up with double PINK EYE... How does someone get pink eye when nobody else had it, especially overnight? But he was coughing, sneezing, had WAY runny nose & the poor guy was hurting!! So we called our Surrogate Church Parents for the kids & they ran off to church while I stayed home with Ty to get him better & we tried everything!!! (Poor kid sat in the cold on the porch for 30 min. playing his PSP... bundled up to help his lungs get some fresh air!! Don't think it helped!) Anyway - he is Better now, on Monday night!

Monday - we had to overhaul on the bedrooms & the house once again as it has gone to pot! But by 1:30 we were ready to get off to the dentist - Great reports for BRADY's 1st time & he did great & NO cavities!! Garrett remains the winner with NO cavities at all, his whole life ever!!! Madison & Tyler have small little chips near a previous filling to get taken care of... but that was nice to get all 4 done in one afternoon!

So on our way home I detoured & took them all to a new park & we played for a while... and then to finish off our last request we stopped at Mc D's for an ice cream cone (even though the request was to play at play land... but I had enough of being sick & wasn't about to take McD's germs home with us from their playland!) So we went to the outdoor park & had fun, then got an Ice Cream to support Mc D's, then we went to the car wash, & sat and ate our ice creams as we watched the Van get washed!! It was great!!! Ended the evening with dinner, banana/peach smoothies, & FHE, where Ty gave our lesson - it really excites me to see their love, knowledge, & young spirits develop!!! He did a wonderful job & even shared his testimony with us!! Wow !!!

Back to the grindstone now!!! Happy January!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Are your feet/skin issues related to diabetes at all? It's in the genes.