Sunday, December 7, 2008

First weekend in Dec. & Madison is turning 6!!!

Well, I had the day off Friday (which was so wonderful. I am thinking it would be so nice to do monthly - if only I could find someone to work for me!) So to start our day... I ran to the Doc. to have some health aliments checked out!! (YEAH... my blood work came back again clean - so no rheumatoid arthritis, nor Diabetes... which were the suspected culprit!) So off to another doc... but not until I can fit in another break!! I really think the right foot just has a ganglion cyst in it.. but dang it hurts (right below my 5th toe - the nice bump!!) The left foot? Thick, patchy, bruised looking growth in like my connective tissue...it is the opposite of my NLD's - so who knows. (I know I am weird, but that is o.k.!!)

So after that & running for x-rays (which were beautiful & I miss looking at x-rays... don't miss the work, but it was fun to look at my pics!) I ran to Wally world to grab a couple of items we were running low on & I happened to walk past this amazing arrangement of Cupcakes!! (Yes I know I could have made it myself!! But not in the time I found them in!! :) ) - So then the thought came to me... why celebrate Madison's Bday a weekend after... why not celebrate the weekend before? (As her B-day isn't till this coming wed.) So I called the teacher & asked if I could bring treats in a couple hours & she said of course!! So I took some sparkly Christmas pencils I had found too & delivered them to Madison's classroom for her to share with her friends for her Birthday!!

Then I had been promising Brady that because it was our first & probably only day off together & it was so fun to be together - that we would go to lunch (& he chose McD's). But then we ran out of time - so we got it on the go (I will have to make that up to him!) ... then after eating his Happy meal he realized I had forgotten his Ice cream cone like I had promised him! (Oh no!!)

So while eating - I ran home loaded the car with all my craft inventory & headed out to the senior center where we needed to start setting up... that was crazy... but final report: It went wonderful, we had a great time, have very little inventory now & it is done!! I didn't get any pics... but I believe our booth sold the most out of our whole conference room!! :) So once Brady reminded me about the Ice cream again as he was getting hungry & we were almost done & the craft fair was to begin - Awesome, Awesome Jodie ran Gracie & Brady to get an Ice cream! (Thanks a million Jodie!!)

So as I am at the fair - & school is getting out - my Sister LesLee had made arrangements to come over from Randolf/Woodruff, UT to pick Madison up as she wanted to treat her neices (2 of them) to a trip to "Build a Bear" in UT! (Since they both share Dec. with her for their birthdays! How awesome is that?) Madi had a wonderful time & was spoiled by Aunt Les!! They went to eat, got to go see the temple lights, had a sleep over, went to primary, & much more fun!! Here is a picture with Madison & Aunt LesLee & her Bunny she built for her Birthday Present as I picked her up tonight! (Waiting for action shots & will post some soon!)
THANKS AUNT LES You are awesome!!

I have to laugh on my way home though...as LesLee had way to much FUN with Madison telling her all the things (some naughty too!) that we use to do as kids & sisters!!! Madison was very smart & even asked her some good questions.... "Like did you ever tell on my mom?"... well being the oldest - of course they did - LesLee said, don't you tell on Garrett!! (I think she really enjoyed getting to know more about her mom, 1st hand... but I am afraid of what more she is going to surprise me with!!)

All the way home she would ask me questions... mom why did you guys do....? Some of the things I don't even remember doing!! LesLee reminded me of a time - when we were really young & my dad was building onto the house & that Christmas they hid our Christmas gifts in the big deep bathtub in my parent's new bathroom & covered them.. since that part of the house wasn't done or being used - they thought they were smart... well I guess when they were gone - LesLee tells me we went snooping... (I remember finding gifts in the garage one year - our cabbage patch dolls) but Les claims that cause they found out we knew - LesLee got her Barbie Truck & horse trailer... but I ended up get the "Cowgirl Barbie!!" So she was pretty torked that she had no doll to ride in her truck or horse trailer!! Too funny as I don't remember a cowgirl barbie!! :) (Guess that is what we get for snooping!!) I wonder what my gift was suppose to be? Chelsea or Andy :) probably got it!! :)

Anyway - Madison had a blast & here she is with Brady holding her bunny she made & wearing new Pjs Grandma & Grandpa gave her for her Bday.


Well - to make an o.k. weekend turn upside down - we got the call about 11:15 pm (this means that either it is an emergency or my mom is calling - as nobody really ever calls us this late....) So being that Dave has been so sick & had been sleeping - I jumped & got the phone, so that it wouldn't wake him if it was my family :) ....

But to our sadness the news was that a young man in our ward was on his way to the ER... then 15 minutes later we got the call that he had died!! Ugh!! Being Bishop is not so fun when it comes to such sad times!! Dave quickly left & was with the family most of the night. We are so sad for their loss!! It is a terribly hard time & reminds us once again at how precious life is. One minute your world is wonderful & a minute later the whole thing can fall apart or be taken from you.
It is oh so sad - As this young man, had been out on a group type activity/date with many friends - they had just been to his home having an ice cream type social... when he left, out of the blue he went to both his parents -hugged them & told them he loved them... then the group proceeded to a friends house just down a couple streets & they went in to watch a movie... The young man then started not feeling good & was having problems with his Asthma... used his inhailer & decided he would go outside to get some fresh/cold air to help him breathe... a while later some of the friends realized he hadn't come back in & went to find him... but when they did find him he had collapsed outside - they called 911 & the friend & his father started CPR, they were not able to help him & he died shortly after. - The funeral will be Friday at noon.

Garrett left early Sat. morning to his last out of town games for basketball & they played in Riverton & Lander. They ended up loosing one game & winning the other. He has 2 games left this week & then he will be done with his season!!

Today - we had an amazing Sacrament Meeting. Many testimonies were shared & many tears were shed... the spirit was very strong & I know that many people were touched today. The little kids are preparing for their Ward Christmas party program that they have been working very hard on... I can't wait to get some video of it!! Garrett will be assisting on some numbers with the bells. (Funny moment... he got pretty razzed today after chuch - walking through the halls as he wheeled his big rolling bag that carries our bells in it... he was asked by several... What are you doing, running away from home? But there were some others had you known them & the looks on their faces... you would have died laughing!!)

After church we were able to take a new Deacon out with us to collect fast offerings & "train" him... that was fun!! The boys had a good time.

Then I ran for an interview with the Bishop... then ran to get Madison at the Lyman rest stop, came home - watched the wonderful First Presidency Christmas devotional, then had an awesome FHE prepared by Garrett & watched the Reflections of Christ movie (online & in my link section)... I hope that is it.

2 more weeks left till Christmas break - I am excited about that. I am working on doing the 12 days of Christmas for the kids (a new book I bought!) Fun ideas - I will post some soon. We have a busy week ahead - will post more soon!!

No comments: