Friday, November 7, 2008

Sissy Crap e-mail... made me laugh

I know the title sounds harsh. I have to post this as it is so true & it did make me laugh... which I needed (after my explanation)...

I have gone my whole life not really having one "best friend" ... I don't know -I have never clicked with it, I have never had close relationships with other "girls", not where I could tell them anything/everything, call them on a whim & cry to them, call them at 10:30 pm & run to their house to talk (vise versa), call & say "hey" what's up, etc.... WOW - what have I been missing all these years? I have had a lot of friends.... but not like this kind of friend!!

Well the past year or so... I have met some & also developed better friendships with some amazing women. I am so grateful the good Lord has sent them into my life for many a reasons!! (Just wish I could have known them a lot sooner!) Each one of them is special in their own way & each one I can turn to for different things & they just seem to know how I feel, what I am thinking, they seem to have taken some of the same paths in life I have (with different challenges & trials along the paths), etc.... Anyway I am so grateful for them in my life!!!

But there is one tonight I want to THANK!!! (Thank-you , Thank-you, Thank-you my friend!) As she has helped me a lot this week - more than she will ever know! I had a BIG Ugh moment this week... I guess that might just be part of the experience of being a "Bishop's Wife" now for a while... a moment when I was so confused, stirred up inside, sad, sick, etc....

Over the past many years... I have really tried to become a person who is kind, considerate, one who includes others, one who doesn't speak gossip, is more compassionate (which I am not perfect nor have I aced any of these.... but I am trying really hard!!) ... then I had a situation happen where I didn't know what to do or how to get past it... (I was going to "literally" eat my house - not joking as I was so stirred up inside!!)

Luckily I can turn to my great hubby... he has been out of town for training this week... so? I called him & He did coach me through part of my day, gave me good advice, & we talked a lot about the situation... One of his comments, that has been eating at my heart was..."I guess this experience (being in this calling) might be meant to help us grow thicker skin...?" What!! NO!! I always thought I did have thick skin & I have been trying so hard to overcome that & to change.... It is hard & I am sure this isn't the only time this will happen... it is something we are going to need to learn to deal with... I guess we have plenty of time for that!!

But amidst trying not to eat our house as I was getting sick thinking about things that had been said to me.... I remembered my awesome friend (I mentioned above) & how she told me of an experience she had recently had with a person in their ward approaching her at work & saying some mean & out of line things about their Bishopric, etc.... (which her husband too happens to be a part of too) & how she dealt with it.... So I got the impression to call her & talk to her!! She, (like an angel)... walked me through her experience again & many things she told me gave me ideas of how I could act/react, she helped encourage me, & buoy me up!! Since then, we have run into each other around town several times (seems that happens when we are both going through a trouble) ... & she has watched out for me!!

The one thing I truly adore about this wonderful friend of mine... is that we can talk, express ourselves, trust each other, then we can turn around & laugh... She always knows how to take a sad or bad moment & make it funny! I am so glad that our personalities make it possible that we can poke fun at ourselves & our own lives & laugh so that we can stay sane!! So in explanation for the title of this post... She sent me this e-mail today that rang so true & made me laugh.... Being that Thanksgiving is coming I have been thinking of all I am thank-ful for & I am truly thank-ful for good, true friends!!!

I thought others might enjoy it & get a good laugh too.... here is a copy:

Are you tired of those sissy 'friendship' poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?

Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship.

You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.


1. When you are sad --I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile -- I will know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

4. When you're scared -- we will high tail it out of here.

5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby!!!!

6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.

7. When you are sick --Stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall -- I'll pick you up and dust you off-- After I laugh my butt off!!

9. This is my oath...I pledge it to the end. 'Why?' you may ask -- because you are my FRIEND!


Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth.

Send this to 10 of your closest friends, Then get depressed because you can only think of 4 .

2 comments:

The "Hix" Family said...

I left you a comment on your blog last night and I can't believe that it didn't post. I will try again tommorrow. Love, Jodie

The "Hix" Family said...

Jeanna, I can't believe my comment did not post the other night. Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how grateful I am for the friendship that we have developed. I had been thinking about it and how I really did not know you when I had got called to be Camp Director but had felt impressed to call you as my assistant. I know for sure that the Lord was definately taking care of me not only for camp but for the much needed friendship that I would need. You have know idea how you have helped and motivated me! I am so grateful for the opportunity that we had to work together. There are not to many people who have clicked the way you and I have and believe me, I have a very hard time letting people into my life which is sad but probably a survival tactic. I believe that the trust is there. You are not one to gossip and you are a very positive person both of which I love. You are an amazing mother, which I am still baffled as to how you can accomplish so much in the day and still have energy to clean your house. Let me know how you do this. I so need your energy level. My last comment that I left was so much better than this one as it 1:00 in the morning. I just finished my magazines. You are probably still up. Thank you for your post on your blog and for being who you are. You truly are a very amazing women. Thanks for all the fun times, and laughs and for many more to come. Love, your friend, Jodie