Well I am glad the boys made the most of "Hunting break/Fall Holiday" as I would have had to of kicked them out for my "Girls retreat" anyway!! Garrett & Ryan drew out special hunting permits for Elk this year & so Dave set out time to take them & our nephew Mason, & Tyler hunting for the weekend!! Good friends of ours Lon & Doug also joined the boys to help out!
It was neat as they made it a REAL hunt w/ camping & everything. Dave got to use his awesome wall tent & stove (O.k. & a friend brought up his camper too!), cooked their meals in the wild..(Or should I say warming some of them up, as myself & wonderful friend Teri pre-made Taco Soup, stew, & chili for the boys to have nutritious, easy, & warm meals while gone.) I hear Lon made the most wonderful Breakfast burritos & Thanks Les for all the snacks & goodies!! Garrett said they ate like Kings!!
The exciting news was they saw tons of elk while they were gone & Garrett was able to get his first cow elk this year. He got to learn about hunting the hard way... as his cow elk ran about 1/2 mile down into a canyon after being shot... so when they found her.. he said he really did feel bad he had made her suffer as his 1st shot wasn't in a "harmful" place... so he had to take a 2nd shot & take away her misery!! (I am just glad they found her so she didn't suffer... I had to tease him that he killed Bambi's great Aunt twice removed??? Right!! JoKING!!)After searching for her for quite a while - it then took them 6 hours to prepare the elk, quarter it, & pack out all the meat from the bottom back to camp, up steep canyons none the less!! (That would definitely cure me from wanting to hunt again!) But they all had a wonderful time & look forward to going out again!!
Man were they dirty when they got home!! They looked forward to getting in the spa/hot tub after they showered all the grit & grime off!!
Here are some pictures I took of them before they left & when they arrived home!!
CONGRATS Garrett!! We are proud of you & look forward to filling the freezer with meat for the winter!!









No comments:
Post a Comment