Here are a couple pictures of Keith's Headstone. It was just put into place this last week & one of Dave's sisters was able to be there & take some photos for all of us, so we could see it.
It is just beautiful, I think.
I love the saying across the bottom on the front, as it is so true & it has little footprints running toward Heaven!! Even though it was just to soon for us... he is right where he is needed now & we do know that - but it still hurts so bad! We miss him so much!!
One of the things we realize a lot more clearly now with loosing Keith (& also another friend this weekend, we went to his viewing tonight) - is that live is so fragile, each day we live our lives with family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. all around us... we just never know when our whole world will change as they are suddenly removed from our lives/this earth. It is such a helpless feeling at times as there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, but try to cope & go forward!
There is so much more to life than the everyday mundane things we find ourselves doing each day. We are only here for a short time... we only get one chance... do we really use/treat each day we have as a gift? It is a gift to each of us... Our days are numbered & only our Heavenly Father knows how many each of us have, now as I get older - that hits me so much harder (when I thought getting older - only happened to the old people :) )
Grandpa John stopped by today to see the kids & bring them treats before he goes to UT in the morning. He was pretty sullen & down as he said he doesn't know if he'll make it back.... as far as we know he is having an open heart surgery to repair his Aorta this week. I really hope & pray that all goes well - as I am not sure I can loose my/our friend, "Grandpa John" this soon. He has been cancer free for about 18+ months & has not felt well for a long time as his body has been trying to get rid of all the chemicals from the Chemo. He has looked & felt a lot better the last couple months & it has been so nice to see him happy & going like he use to.
As he got ready to leave, my heart sank as I got the impression I better stop him & take a picture before he left.... I don't know the outcome of what will happen, but I have been a mess all day (& probably for many, many reasons - not just this), but tomorrow will be a long day until we hear how everything went.
Here Madison & Brady are with their "play guitars" as Grandpa John likes to think he is going to turn them into Rock Stars!! He loves to sing & dance with them & tell them how it use to be in the old days...
Good luck, our prayers are with you Grandpa John! 
There are two things I want to leave with tonight -
A quote that came from a movie we watched this summer that really made me thing:
Yesterday is History - Tomorrow is a mystery - Today is a Gift & that is why it is called present.
Another is a poem that has circulated for years, it has been put together w/music in a slide show online & can be viewed here: The Dash - it is something I try to constantly remember.
My heart is full, I am so grateful for my health, strength, & my life! I am so grateful for my little family, my Heavenly Father has blessed me with! For my wonderful hubby & for all his love & all he does to provide for our family. I am so grateful for my & Dave's family & for all the many blessings I have!
My oldest 2 start school tomorrow & Madison will start on Thursday - I really do hope & pray for a good year! Till tomorrow!!








2 comments:
Oh my heck...that headstone for Keith is amazing. So true and so touching...
Beautiful headstone. I love both the quotes. Dave, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed celebrating your dad's life and listening to you at his funeral. I hope you know how much I still look up to you. I'm glad I got to know your family. I hope all is well with you and your family (all of you!).
All the best,
DeVon
Post a Comment