Alright another one of those project days!! I am so glad, I had a day to get the yard cleaned up. When we moved in - we piled a bunch of stuff on the side of the house that we just hadn't got to yet - so today the kids helped me (I LOVE MY KIDS!!) & we sorted & tossed out broken toys, broken flower pots, old bikes that didn't work, trash, etc... so the side of the yard is organized & useable. Then we got out all the little "kids" toys & got them organized so that the little ones can play with them when they start coming over in a few weeks!!
Here is a picture of the decorating I tried to do out on the deck.. not sure if I posted these yet... but about a month ago I put up some outside lights (on a timer), winded around some of my ivies on the strands, & put up some of my bushes of greenery... might be hard to see with all the trees in the background? (Sorry for blurry pics... it was getting dark tonight when I took all these pictures & I didn't turn on the flash.)Then another long awaited project, (I bought all the supplies for at the beginning of the summer & it has been on my mind ever since...) MY WIND/SNOW block!! I finally got it put up today!! I love our simple yard & it's landscaping! But since I put the flowers out & the planters - the wind is blowing everything around, dry, & away!! So I am hoping my wind block will help & I also hope that come winter time it will help block the snow from blowing all over the deck too (so we can store some wood for the fireplace there too)!! So we will see!!
Of course I had to pick a HOT day to work outside & then for some reason I kept getting muscle cramps... so standing WAY up on the ladder my calf or my hand while holding the drill would freak out on me.... so it took a little while!! But thanks to my big boys they were good ladder holders & tool gophers for me & we got the project done & I am happy with it!!Then as we cleaned up the yard I decided we better clean up the picnic table & swing too & then we could eat outside tonight for dinner... well I just got going & couldn't stop... so I cooked corn, made my yummy tuna salad sandwiches & such, then we had a fun picnic dinner outside tonight. Funny thing was all the birds in all of WY were in our neighbors trees during this time & of course we were parked underneath them so we could be in the shade... it sounded like a 3 million bird choir. I said something about hurry & eat so the birds don't notice we have all this food down here & join us or start dropping surprises on us! (Luckily just little feathers kept falling down on us & nothing else!) All of a sudden Brady says... "Mom, it sounds like the birds are having a party." He was so serious - It was too cute!!
Look - I have a few Strawberries!! I have been able to save them from all the birds!! I put together pots & planters to look nice & now I have to cover a bunch of stuff with netting so the birds will leave it alone... so much for looking nice!! :)
Then after we got all done with dinner - I decided to lay on the swing & enjoy the cool evening air as the kids played... Oh man I could have fallen asleep easy... but nope - up & at it still had work to be done!! So I decided to hard boil 3 dozen eggs since the stove was still hot... then heavens why not boil a bag of chicken for a salad for the ward camp-out/potluck tomorrow? Then gee I had better hand wash 3 loads of dishes & sort all the cherries & apricots that June has given us the past couple days & oh, the list didn't end.... I felt so domesticated... (I started to think I better take another 3 month break or go into hibernation, as I haven't been able to do this much around the house since we moved in!! Look what can happen in 1 week!)
Heading off to the ward camp-out tomorrow!! Can't wait - Love to be with our ward friends & have time to visit!! What fun memories we get to make!!
Friday, August 15, 2008
Busy day - worked in the yard...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Looks great Jeanna!!! I want a house and a yard someday. I know I can't handle the Motel for very much longer :] Glad you survived girls camp. I miss it. Maybe I'll go back someday when things aren't so busy for me :]
It looks really good. You're so crafty with everything. I'm calling you when I get a house!!
Sounds like you got a lot done! It's always a great feeling. The house looks great. You're busy as usual but always productive. One day I'll be productive too...
Post a Comment