This is such an interesting & exciting day. This is Dom & Heather Tisher & their family. When I was about 11-12 or so... Dom came to live with our family. I am thinking that Dom was probably around 9-10 years old? (He will have to correct me if he gets to read this!) He was a tough kid!! I remember he was so strong & you had to be careful if you were jumping on the trampoline at the same time as him - cause he had lots of Karate moves & he could really hurt you!! He was an added blessing to our home at that time - as I know my parents struggled that my brother Andy didn't have a "brother" or "boy" playmate... as there were probably 5 girls at that time in the family!! So I remember they did everything together!! I remember them both working for my Grandpa & feeding pigs at our place as that was the "choice chore" back then (NOT). I remember him being a pest - cause that is what boys are when they are getting into your stuff at that age & he & Andy were always trying to scare or tease us!! The one thing that really comes to my mind when I think of those days - is a blue camping tent. I remember how hard those 2 worked to earn money to buy their own camping tent. I remember them setting it up on the path up to the pig pens & sleeping outside in it. What fun memories!
I know there was hopes in our family that Dom was going to become a permanent member of our family, but then he had to leave & was taken out of state & we lost all contact with him.
I know over the years we had wondered where he ended up, if he was o.k., what he was doing.... Then about 7-8 years ago ~ somehow he &/or Heather found my parents & were back in contact with them - after 15+ years. I know that was one of the happiest days in my parent's life!! To find out about him & how he was doing. To find he was married & had little kids, in the military - etc. With time they lost contact again & we haven't had an update for years.
So yesterday I was thinking & started recollecting thoughts & happy times of growing up & I remembered Dom... so I wondered if I could find him/his family - online!! Guess what - I did!! I have been in touch with them - but haven't heard back from them yet!! I found this adorable picture of them & have learned that he just left for Iraq... like days ago!! So our prayers & thoughts are with him & his family while he is away & we will await his safe return too! We are proud of him & all of our troops!! We are grateful for the sacrifices that they & their families make in our behalf!! Can't wait to catch up with them!! :)
Sunday, July 13, 2008
WOW - Look who I found!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
Yay! That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear from them. I've wondered about him too the last few years.
Jeanna, This is soooooooo exciting....... The last I heard they were not together anymore. I'm so glad they found each other again. Oh, I hope they get in contact with us again. He has always been part of my heart. I still have their little boys pictures that they sent me when they were babies.
Post a Comment