Sunday, March 9, 2008

We are Moving!!!

It is not 100% official, but as of tomorrow at 5pm... it should be!! We are so excited, but before anyone has a heart attack.... we are not going to a distant country or town, we are just moving about 9 houses away!!!

I know one would ask WHY? But... the real reason is that the Lord has been preparing us for a change for over the last 4+ months (we look back & realize it all started about 2-3 years ago)...and this is where we have been led. We really thought it was possibly going to be with a change w/job, or moving to a home in a surrounding town, even moving across town (maybe we just needed a change from our ward/schools) but ... that is obviously not what is suppose to happen.

The Lord has prepared us, he has prompted us over & over about so many things, & he has placed all the pieces in place for us & this is how it is playing out ....

To tell a bit of it & explain just 1 little part of this whole experience:

I had the prompting Thurs. to put "For Sale" signs in our yard... I told Dave as we were laying in bed... I am feeling that we need to put the signs out tomorrow - are you O.k. with that (we hadn't even gotten our appraisal back on our home to tell us if we would make enough on our house to move & put an offer in on something else)... Well, you all know Dave!! Um, I don't think he was o.k. with it 100% ..... cause now at this point we are starting to doubt what we were doing, but what was he going to say!!!

So Friday rolled around and the feeling came back to me, put the signs up... I waited & waited all day with the feeling coming back, hoping the appraisal would show up... so we wouldn't rile up our neighbors & ward when we might just not be able to do it....

So I started making my little florescent signs with streamers hanging from them! (Knowing all along that Dave was going to die when he saw the streamers!) Then I got the feeling "PUT THE SIGNS OUT"... so I left the kids to watch a movie... I went & told each of our neighbors what we were doing - each of them gave us their blessing (after being upset at first)... I posted a sign in our yard & 1 at both ends of the street. That was at 2:20pm Friday. Our Appraisal arrived about 20 minutes later - for much more than we expected (Which was amazing!)

Later I took Garrett to dinner & Dance the Night away on a "Mother/son" date (Since Dave wasn't quite up to do the Polka yet after surgery).

Sitting at the restaurant - my cell phone rang @ 6:30, I looked at the number (didn't know it) I looked at Garrett & into my mind came the thought "they are going to Buy your house"... so I said to Garrett - Watch, they are going to buy our house... I answered it, it was a man wanting to set an appointment to come look at the house.

To make a REALLY Long story short...Our house is under contract, They are wonderful people, she wouldn't have seen our sign when she had - had I waited 1 hour longer as she happened to be visiting a friend & was leaving after the sign had been put up. (We have had several calls, but had our buyer in 4 hours.) She told me, "I drove by & realized that sign wasn't there when I came up the street"... she backed up, took a flier, drove around our block 4 more times that afternoon & then they called after her husband got home from work.

I know it is crazy!! We don't understand or know why it is all happening the way it is, we have been really nervous (in a good way though) - like the butterflies when you are in a race!! But we continue to move forward like we feel we have been nudged. We are very grateful everything has gone so smoothly & we are very much in shock that it all has even happened.

BUT I want to convey/testify to each & everyone of you that read this message - that I know this Church is True. I know Our Heavenly Father Loves each & everyone of us. I know that he knows us. I know that when we listen, prepare, & are obedient he will guide us in the things we need to do. I know without a doubt & always have that the Holy Ghost is real. At times I have felt his presence weak in my life & several times he has been WAY over powering... but the experiences we have had over just the past 4 months have once again strengthen my testimony & helped my faith to grow as I have been able to listen, act, & be guided in important decisions for myself & my family. I am grateful for this gospel, I am grateful for all the blessings that have come into my life because I have chosen to follow counsel given to me. I love our Savior & realize that without him - returning to our Heavenly Father would be impossible. I am grateful for a latter day prophet, for local leaders, family & friends that support this in my life & who are examples to me! I want you each to know how much I love every one of you! My heart is full & I want you each to know of my love for you!! Have a wonderful sabbath - Love, Jeanna

No comments: